Monday, September 2, 2013

Layers

Lovers become layers we may never shed
they live in our hearts and they lie in our bed
we carry them with us, wearing them like a sleeve
to our body, our mind, and our hearts no repreive

Andy my young love you are my shoes
with your guitar and red truck you cured my youthful blues
together we walked in the little town square
dreams of a future that would take us somewhere

For Ernest my deep love you are my dress
my passion for you I could never fully express
you were the one who covered the most of me
I tried to escape you but I will never be free

Oh Ryan, my dear love, you are my sweater
the snow found our love, memories held in an old letter
for seasons we grew and held eachother near
with time we were lost, real reasons unclear

And Matthew my patient love, you are my hat
I waited and pined not knowing what would begat
You lived in my mind, you would not leave my head
until you came to me, leaving no words unsaid

My loves, I wear you, I forever keep you near
not by choice, not by hope, not by memory or fear
For love, it changes you, it becomes who you are
For love, it cannot be shed, not for time, long or distance, afar.








No comments:

Post a Comment