Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Carved in Stone


I love you despite all ills known
And I love you despite my own
A single soul we do make
Hearts divide and bodies break

Four of limb and two of face
A body made of power and grace
We were torn for love too strong
But to one another we were drawn

A lonely half-self lost of aim                                        
Upon my other I soon came
And though every sweet kiss is doomed to fade
Strength of heart such distance made

My loving arms for you will hold
Born a new power they will mold
I keep you close for my own gain
To part from you is to know true pain

And as the nights of ours depart                              
I pull you closer to my own heart
For not is there a way to say
But, I have loved you every day

We now laugh as we face fear                  
Strength unmatched whilst you are near
Destined we, to unite once more
T'was for love, my only war

One deep kiss my hide the face                                  
Our uniting soul in everlasting embrace
In the end it shall be known                            
My love for you was carved in stone



Inspired by: Brancusi, The Kiss

And based on the myth: "Humans were originally created with 4 arms, 4 legs and a head with two faces. Fearing their power, Zeus split them into two separate parts, condemning them to spend their lives in search of their other halves."



No comments:

Post a Comment